Sunday 18 November 2012

Review: MAC Cosmetics Glamour Daze - Guilty Passions: 4 Brilliantly Warm/and Cool Crushed Metallic Pigments

I am really adoring the MAC Cosmetics holiday collections so far. I recently bought the Guilty Passions: 4 Brilliantly Warm Crushed Metallic Pigments and the Guilty Passions: 4 Brilliantly Cool Crushed Metallic Pigments and I am loving them!

They come in the cutest little box ever! It looks like this:


















The Warm Crushed Metallic Pigments come in the shades: Dusty Desire, Femininity, Prettified and Maribu. Pictures below:








































These pigments are just beautiful! They have so much dimension and shine to them as you can see in the swatches below:



















They are such beautiful colours. For the swatches above all I did was dip my finger into the pigment pot and swipe it once on my skin. I didn't even apply it wet!

I personally like to apply pigments wet; so, I dip my brush into a tiny amount of water and then apply it to my eyes. It is much easier to apply this way and you can get a very sharp and defined  pigment. You can also use this method to turn the pigment into a eyeliner. For this, I seperate a little bit of pigment onto the plastic cap and use a wet angle brush to pick up the pigment. I then apply it like a regular eyeliner, and it works great! That being said, you can still apply these MAC pigments dry because they are really well made.

Here is a look I did with The Warm Crushed Metallic Pigments:













The Cool Crushed Metallic Pigments come in the shades: I've Got a Crush on You, Spruced, Moss Garden and She's Got Class. Here are a few pictures:





















































Please see below for swatches (these swatches are applied dry and swiped only once):


















Here is a picture of an eyeshadow look I did using The Cool Crushed Metallic Pigments:










Overall, I really recommend these MAC crushed pigments to everyone, especially those people who are just learning to use pigments because they are so versatile and easy to use.

Thanks for the read.

Julisse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment