Sunday 25 November 2012

Fall Trend Makeup Look Featuring Naked Palette 2 and Review

Hello Everyone :)

I decided to do a fall trend makeup look (neutral eyes and berry lips) the other day using the popular Naked Palette 2. I really love my Naked 2 and will be doing a review about it for those of you who are contemplating on getting it. First of all, Naked 2 comes with 12 x 0.05 oz Eyeshadows, one Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush, and one 0.11 oz Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked (pinky neutral). The entire kit costs $60 CAD So it is a really good deal for what you get. Here are a few pictures of the palette:
Urban Decay - Naked2
 
The case for the eyeshadows is really nice. I much prefer the hard case of Naked 2 over the fabric one of the first Naked palette. The mirror is also bigger in the Naked 2 which is a plus. The one thing I don't like about the mirror is how the mirror lies flat when you open it. I would have much preferred a stand alone mirror such as the mirror that comes in the UD Vice Palette.
 
I also really love the brush it comes with. There is one blending side and one flat application side, which is exactly what you need to do a basic neutral eye. The blending side is great because it is sturdy and easy to get a precise blend. The brush is much like the brush in the UD Vice palette, though the Vice palette bristles are a tad bit softer. Here is what the palette looks like when opened:
 
 
 Now for the actual eyeshadows. As you can see, I have used them a lot and that is because they are so wonderful. The eyeshadows from left to right are: Foxy (cream bisque with matte finish), Half Baked (golden-bronze with shimmering finish), Booty Call (shimmering cork), Chopper (copper shimmer with silver microglitter), Tease (creamy pale brown with matte finish), Snake Bite (dark bronze shimmer with metallic base), Suspect (pale golden beige with shimmering finish), Pistol (light gray-brown with shimmering finish), Verve (oyster with shimmering finish), YDK (cool bronze shimmer with metallic base), Busted (deep brown with shimmering finish), Blackout (blackest black with matte finish).
 
Here are the swatches I did:
 
 
The variety of colors is my favorite thing about this palette. Who knew there were so many neutral shades!? I would have preferred a few more matte shades but UD is known for their shimmering shades and I do love that. If you ask me what my favorite eyeshadows are within this palette I would have to say Tease and Blackout. Tease is an awesome color to use when you are doing a black smokey eye and want to have a gradual blend at the edges of the black. It works AWESOME, especially because it is a matte shade. Blackout is the blackest and creamiest matte black I have tried; it is great! I usually use it for all my black smokey eyes because it is really easy to blend.
 
Here is what Sephora has to say about Naked2:

What it does:
The follow up to the original bestselling Naked palette, this stunning second edition proves that neutral is anything but boring. Showcasing a dozen completely different shades than the first bronze-based collection, it includes a stunning range from pale and deep, to matte and sparkly. You'll achieve a host of new neutral looks, smoky dramatic eyes, and everything in between. The palette also includes a travel-size Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked and a double-ended, cruelty-free Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush (available only in this palette).
 
Here are a few pictures of the fall neutral eyeshadow look I did the other day using all Naked 2 eyeshadows (I used Lady Tremaine from the Cinderella Collection: The Moonlit Kiss Lipstick Set on my lips):
 
 

 
I recommend the Naked2 to anyone looking for a nice variety of shimmering and matte neutral eyeshadows.
 
Hope you enjoyed reading my post.
 
Julisse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment