Monday 5 November 2012

Review: Cinderella Storylook Eyeshadow Palette

I received the Cinderella Storylook Eyeshadow Palette a bit over a week ago so I have had some time to play with it. Here is what I think:

Packaging:

The packaging is just as beautiful as I expected it to be; it is very delicate, detailed, and princess-like. Here is a picture of the cardboard box it came in:

Front:






















Back:






















As you can see even the cardboard box has great detail; I mean even the barcode is shaped like a storybook - so cute!

When you open the cardboard box you can slip out the actual eyeshadow book packaging, which looks like this:






















The front has Cinderella's silhouette and gold engravings of flowers, vines, a castle, etc. Beside Cinderellas silohuette it says "fairytails do come true" which I think gives it the perfect disney touch!

Next, you can take out the actual eyeshadow palette using the tab on the side of the packaging. Be careful when taking out the eyeshadows because the actual palette is not connected to the casing in any way so if you pull it out too quickly you will drop the eyeshadows. When you start pulling out the eyshadows it will look like this:






















You can then completely pull out the eyeshadow palette, which is set into a beautiful velvety box, as seen below:






















The actual eyeshadow palette can also be completely removed from the velvet casing. Thus, when the eyeshadow palette is completely taken out, it leaves you with a pretty jewellery box! Like this:






















I think this was a wonderful idea by Disney and Sephora. The only thing I don't like about it is that if you wish to actually use it as a jewellery box, which is its purpose, you have nowhere to put the actual eyeshadow palette. It would have been nice to have a cover for the eyeshadows so that they are safe outside of the palette packaging. That being said, it is still a really nice idea!

Eyeshadows:

Please see swatches below for eyeshadow colors (please note these swatches are with no base and literally me taking one swipe of the eyeshadow and swiping it on my arm. Also, I used someone with a different skin tone for the second half of the eyeshadows so you can see how the eyeshadows look on other skin tones as well).

The eyeshadows are (from left to right): Maiden (glittery magenta), All Aglow (shimmering tan), Destined (light blue pearl), Cinderelly (sea foam green matte), Pumpkin Coach (cream gold), Ball Gown (pearl white pearl), Kill Joy (shimmering taupe), Fairy Godmother (periwinkle), Glass Slipper (light blue shimmer), Royal (matte bright blue), Gus Gus (gold shimmer), Charming (nude pearl), Chateau (brown shimmer), Palace (rose gold shimmer), Drizella (medium brown golden shimmer), Cinders (black with gold glitter), Jaq (mauve matte gold shimmer), Midnight (midnight blue with light blue glitter), A Wish (cream pearl), and Rococo (plum w/multi glitter).



















I LOVE the names of all the eyeshadows and how they are all Cinderella themed! So adorable. All the colors are named after what you would expect which is great especially if you are an avid Cinderella/disney movie lover. Furthermore, the eyeshadow colors themselves are so pretty. They are all very pastel and neutral which gives the palette an overall princess feel. The texture of the eyeshadows is also really amazing. I was initially worried because I had read a lot of reviews of people saying they were chalky and hard to work with; however, I do not find this at all. I was pleasantly surprised at how creamy the eyeshadows actually are. That being said, because they are so creamy they tend to be very delicate so if you press to hard it will make a dent in the eyshadow. However, this isn't a problem for me because I very much like their texture. Pigmentation is great, but I did notice that there are a few shadows that are much more pigmented than others within this palette. Either way, I love them all because with a base they are as easy to work with as any other eyeshadows.

The eyeshadows I love most are in the second row of the palette (especially fairy godmother and royal because they are the most pigmented and opaque eyeshadows in the entire palette). Here is a swatch of the second row on its own:






















They are so beautiful! I also really like ballgown as an inner corner eye highlight. Overall, I really love all the eyeshadows and feel that they are all really useful as part of my collection.

Here is a look I did using ball gown (inner corner), midnight (crease), glass slipper (inner lid), fairy godmother (middle lid), and royal (outer eye corner):

















Midnight I would have to say isn't my favorite out of the eyshadows I used because it had a lot of chunky glitter that kept falling on to my face when I tried blending it out. However, this may be because I used it to define my crease and blended it out alot. It may work better with a base and as an eyelid color.

All in all, I love this palette and definitely think it is worth getting. If you haven't already seen this palette it is something you should look into because it is a collectors piece indeed, and if you are a makeup addict like me it is something you NEED haha.

Thanks for reading again!

Julisse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment