Tuesday 4 December 2012

Layered Myler Flakes Nail Art (Fish Scale Nails)

So I was trying to do a different look with my nails and decided to try using these Myler Flakes I got at my local summer market.

Here is what they look like:


















I believe you can get them at any nail supply store or online. I found a website in Canada that sells them at a really good price. Here is a link to their website:
https://canadanailsupplies.com//index.php?content=8&CID=30

All I did to create this look is add layer by layer of these Myler Flakes on my ring fingers until they ended up looking kind of like scales. It is a fun and interesting look, but def. not for everyone haha. I used green but you can use any colors you want and then paint the rest of your nails with a nail polish of a similar color. I didn't use glue to stick them on or anything just used nail polish and applied the flakes while the polish was still wet.

Here is what my nails looked like (I know my natural nails are really short =( they just never seem to grow and if they do they break really quick):











Overall, I had a fun time creating this nail art and I hope you had fun reading about it! Maybe next time I will try a different color and try doing it on more than just one nail per hand. If I do, I'll show you guys :)

Julisse

No comments:

Post a Comment